Last night at work the production supervisor along with some other managers came in to Hitachi and dismissed 8 production workers from shift 2. Following this they proceeded to call shift 1 workers to come in to be laid off. I go in to work tonight not knowing what to expect. I do believe that God will provide in these dark times...
Well, it's been several days now and I still have my job in shipping/receiving. In total we lost 21 workers; 20 from production and one maintainance worker. For the time being we will still be running 2 shifts and my hours remain 2:30-11:00pm but I may have to go back to the production floor because of the loss of one third of shift 2. I thank God that I still have a job and I send up a silent prayer for those who lost they're job during this holiday season.
On the lighter side, I found an extra deposit in my checking account from Hitachi that was DOUBLE the correct deposit. So this was a bright point of the week until they swiftly took it out of my account. Can't win them all I suppose...

Well? Don't keep us in suspense?
ReplyDelete